Monday 7 January 2013

Day 1



Hi. The name's Claryth, I'm a Wood Elf and moved to Skyrim when I was very little. I lost both my parents and had to make my own way in life from a young age. I found others like me but we were outlaws. I decided this wasn't for me and now want to go out and see the world. 

The story begins...




I leave my camp and find a man who was ambushed by thieves. I helped him out and I told him my story, he said I should find out about the war in Solitude or Windhelm. 



I set out for Windhelm as it was the closest, I had to make my way up Darkwater River where it meets White River. But first I had to get down.


There was a faster route if I just passed through Eastmarch but I had heard of large winged beasts. I looked down and thought I saw some but it must have been my eyes playing tricks on me. I hurried down the mountain.


 Wolves, one of the many creatures that roam Skyrim that I will no doubt run into. Luckily a lone wolf is never too much of a problem and can be brushed away with ease.

Along the road I came across a fort. I knew I should have just walked past it keeping my distance but curiosity got the better of me and I was ambushed walking next to the wall by Magicians!

 As much as they can throw spells at me, they do not stop me running and impaling them on my sword. I may not have any specific skills but when you've had to fight for your territory against other bandits, you know how to handle a few pesky magicians.

 It looked like they were about to do some ritual but I interrupted. Probably for the best I had came past, they had already murdered enough guards.

 I spotted a cave next to a small waterfall but this time I didn't let my curiosity control me. I noticed goats heads on spikes and did not want to find out who or what made them.

A goats brave struggle against the fast flowing waters of the end of Darkwater River.

I noticed a small abandoned shack on the other side of the river, a giant was watching over it but I figured he wouldn't chase me as long as I kept my distance.

Better safe and sorry so I sneaked past the giant sticking close to the rocks although he was probably uninterested in the first place.

Downside, nobody was home, upside I found a treasure map and ate some Salmon!


Step into the northern region of Skyrim and all you will see is snow but at least it means I am closer to Windhelm.


A Talos shrine that hasn't been destroyed? The Imperials must have no strength here. I don't care much for the Gods but I will leave the shrine untouched.

The great walls of Windhelm mixed with the permanent winter was not very inviting, but I knew I was close to finding out more about the war.

Working hard even in these freezing conditions, I wonder why? They were friendly enough and pointed me towards the local inn.

The natives of Skyrim are sceptical of anything that isn't made of metal or wood. Even though I was an elf interested in magic, she was nice enough to point me towards Kynesgrove and to find a man named Sam.

It's getting late now and darkness will soon fall but I arrived at Kynesgrove in one piece.

Dammit! Sam isn't here and spends the majority of his time on the other side of Skyrim, apparently I had just missed him so maybe I could catch him on the road, if not I will find him at Dragon Bridge.

Ugh, it's pitch black nearly, I can barely see a thing and I don't have a torch, I won't be risking any shortcuts until morning comes again.

A majestic white horse stands in front of me, there aren't many other places you can find wild horses but I don't think anybody can tame the wilds of Skyrim, not even the empire.


No comments:

Post a Comment